Saturday, June 14, 2014

Young Living Everyday Essential Oils

Anyone ever heard of using therapeutic essential oils in place of traditional over the counter medicine......that hippy stuff?

Well I have seen it posted many times on my facebook feed which lead my curiosity to research it. After at least 6 months or more of reading and finally attending an informational class in my area I finally bought some therapeutic essential oils. Not just any oils either, apparently THE brand to use in order to guarantee quality is Young Living. There is so much information and images out there it's overwhelming. 

I ordered the Pro kit to become a member so that I could get a discount and that came with the Everyday Essential oils and diffuser. It's been a week since I started and I had to create my own cheat sheet for the Everyday Essential Oils in order to help me practice using them instead of going to the medicine cabinet. My cheat sheet is a combination of other images I found on the web. I hope this one helps you along as it has been for me and my family. 


Everyday Essential Oils Kit Cheat Sheet

I'm lucky that my husband doesn't think I'm crazy with all these non-traditional things I keep introducing him to. He's very supportive and willing to help. 

In the short week here is what we've done so far:

  • As a family the diffuser with thieves oil has been really nice. This cleans our air and gives a soothing atmosphere.
  • Peace & Calming has been used heavily for my 3 year old daughter since she has recently decided she doesn't want to go to bed at night. I put the stuff on her feet with a carrier oil and she does her usual fussing but man once she is asleep, she is OUT like a light. 
  • For me, it's the lemon in my water in the morning and Joy for my mood.
  • My husband got a ton of bug bites right when we got the oils and they itched so bad that I had him put the purification oil on and he said the itch relief was immediate. He did have to reapply frequently though to keep the itch away. 
A tip that my midwife gave me was, there is no such thing as too much with these oils! 

With that said, unlike traditional medicine that lasts for hours at a time and have a limit to how frequently they can be used in a 24 hour period these oils last for a while then you need to reapply. Since everyone's body is different the amount needed will be different so while I may need to reapply Joy eight times in one day you many only need it two times. I consider this trade off to be worth the peace of mind I have of not overdosing.

Below are two places that I found really helpful:

  1. 31 Days of Young Living Essential Oils
  2. Google......simple but true lol. Just type in "Young Living essential oils for insert specific issue"

UPDATE: I have done further research on where exactly to get the best oils and that was a can of worms. If you are wondering the same thing here are the resources I used to determine where to purchase my essential oils. No I didn't do my own tests because I don't feel like re-inventing the wheel nor do I have time. The lovely ladies from below blog's have so kindly taken the time to do it for me.

  1. Blog post by Whole New Mom
  2. Blog post by Nourishing Herbalist


I ended up buying some Native American Nutritional (NAN) oils and they do seem to have a more herbal smell, plus you can't beat the prices. The cheat sheet I made picutred above is still useful as NAN has a cross reference chart with Young Living and doTerra oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment