Saturday, June 2, 2012

Off To Church We Go

I don't claim to be knowledgeable about religion but I did have a deep relationship with Jesus Christ at one point in my life.

There was no Sunday or Wednesday Church for me growing up, my mother was just trying to survive being single raising two children with no help. It wasn't until I had a friend in high school my junior year that invited me to her Church Fall Retreat. I don't remember why I agreed to go spend an entire school break (overnight even) with a bunch of strangers but I did. From there I was a sponge that immersed myself in the life of being a christian. I got baptized, participated in mission trips and everything else you typically do as a youth member in a church.

This church was small though so once I graduated high school there wasn't anything left for me to participate in. The next group up was for mid 30's with children and that was a while off for me.

Ever since then I've been searching off and on for a new church to call home. Now, around six years later I think the time has finally come. A few years older and a family of my own I believe we have found a church. It's BIG! Not what I would have imagined being apart of but with a big church comes lots of options that can fit easily into any needs. Many groups to choose from, more service times available, and so many wonderful classes and activities to participate in.

I've missed that spiritual part of my life terribly and am eager to return to it. My husband grew up knowing the Catholic faith but never found the intimate relationship with Christ so he's been slow to embrace the search. As we attend our new church home and settle in it will be exciting to grow our faith. I'm looking forward to the wonderful changes that will take place in each of us individually and how that will make our family relationships even better. There is a peace of mind knowing my daughter will also experience a spiritual life starting so young (13 months old now). If you ever need encouragement as you do your own search for a church home just remember time is on your side.

See you at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment