Friday, June 15, 2012

Airbrush Tanning

I've been looking at trying airbrush tanning. I've tried the bed and the spray booth but my pale skin and high probability for skin cancer do not appreciate those methods. The bed was short lived with the addition of raccoon eyes and the spray booth was only for my honeymoon which was not a good enough result for the price. Now I would like to look a little less fake and more natural without the risks. My only hesitation is that I don't like tan lines so having a professional airbrush me butt naked is a little nerve racking to say the least. Today's society certainly has no qualms about these things but I'm a believer of modesty even at my young age. This experience is motivated by the fact that I've been asked by my husband to get a bikini *expression of horror* this summer! As modest as I am, I am also proud of how I've been able to recover most of my body after having our first baby so I'll take the awkwardness. I don't care what anyone says though, there is nothing you can do to recover boobs naturally after a baby is done with them.

Now I'm hearing early reports of dangerous effects that airbrush tanning might have because of the main ingredient called DHA. I didn't catch exactly what those effects were but even though news reports are now cautioning people they also say that there is not enough research yet to verify that claim. After doing some additional searching on google I am at the conclusion that people simply need to be reminded to use common sense. I like how the information is plainly explained on this website here http://www.airbrushguru.com/how-safe-is-airbrush-tanning.html .

Don't get it near your eyes and don't inhale it!!! Got it!
Simple common sense and I am good to go airbrush tanning.


Have a fun and safe weekend

Update: 8/13/2012
My appointment was for 7:30 in the evening and I read all the pre-spray preparation tips:

   Shower and shave 24 hours before
   Exfoliate skin
   Don't put any make-up, lotion, deodorant, or any other product on skin
   Wait 8 hours after being sprayed to get wet

After warning the airbrush artist I would be going all natural and nervously undressing we got right to it and there was nothing to it. It was cold! Blowing air in my face was not pleasant. I went home and went to bed wrapped up in an old blanket to make sure I didn't stain my bed sheets. The next morning I went to the bathroom for the big reveal. It looked good, very dark for a first application.......my hands seemed to have been missed all together from being sprayed so they were my original pale color which looked very obvious. I took a shower to lightly wash off excess spray. It was the day I would be going public in a bikini! Final opinion....I think the $33 spent for the airbrush was worth it and will do it again versus the spray booth. Reason being that it took a few booth visits to get the darkness that I got with one airbrush spray so less work. One thing to think about when you schedule an appointment is what you plan to do after that such as a water sport activity. The water sport activity may wash away your tan which was the case for me so I would not pay to have my tan wash off.


3 comments:

  1. Sunless tanning may be the most secure along with the simplest way of asking for a good bronze with no disclosing the skin towards the hazardous sun's rays. The product is really a advantage specially during individuals frosty winter when there is very little sunshine. Self sun tanning is equally easy and quick to complete. This scarcely usually takes little while to try a hot bronze complexion. This particular sun tanning product is colored along with also comes in unique colors which range from a great really darker bronze with a understated gentle darkish bronze. It's various distinctive functions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spray tanning is MUCH safer than exposing your skin to the sun’s rays, but you still get a great ‘healthy’ tan.


    Buy Tanning Injections UK & Melanotan Nasal Spray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spray tanning is the safest way to get that perfect straight after beach looking tan, the healthy glow you want for special occasions.
    It is safe because there is absolutely no risk of skin cancer with spray tanning. Your skin is not exposed for hours and hours to harmful ultraviolet radiation.
    Even if you have a very pale skin, you will be able get that skin color you dream about without spending hours in the sun.
    Spay tanning is really the way to go.
    Have alook at the best home spray tan machines on the market now:

    http://www.airbrushgeek.com/best-home-spray-tan-machine/

    ReplyDelete